<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

This is a poem I wrote six years ago and only re-discovered recently. I'll dedicate it to GD. My back still glistens with your knives.

You always gave the same lecture when we’d meet.
Head thrown back
Mouth open
Peering out from behind slightly tinted spectacles

“I know her father
He’s one of our customers.
If he says no
She didn’t do drugs
That’s good enough for me”

You were quite trenchant in your opinion.

A year and a half and a guilty verdict later
We’d meet again.

“I know her father” you began
Head thrown back,
Mouth open
Peering out from behind slightly tinted spectacles
“He’s one of our customers,
And even though he said
She didn’t do drugs,
Well I always had my suspicions”

And you looked at us with a self satisfied air.
Quite trenchant in your opinion.

A year and a half later
You’ve got your suspicions…..
And I’ve got mine.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile