<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, August 01, 2005

I went to see Riverdance the other night. Even though I do like traditional music and am all in favour of experimentaton and the shattering of musical barriers I'm afraid Riverdance just didn't work for me.

Now don't get me wrong, I really admire the musicians, dancers and singers performing in the show. Indeed all can be proud of the effort they put in. I guess though Riverdance, for some reason, just isn't my cup of tea.

Advertising for English writer Chris Cleave’s novel “Incendiary” was withdrawn by Waterstones on the 8th of July, the day after the bombings in London. The plot of the novel concerns a terrorist attack on London and the resulting death of a child and his father. Were they right to do so? You can read more about this and the part that fiction has in depicting the results of terrorism on Chris Cleave’s own website.

With that in mind pulp published a story by Joe Ambrose concerning a terrorist attack on London. You can read it here if you wish.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile