<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 23, 2005

It appears after reading various blogs concerning comments by Conor Lenihan and Michael McDowell that I’m in a minority of one by giving undue importance to Minister McDowell’s remarks at the Justice Committee last Wednesday.

Rereading the post below it does seem that I’m dismissing Conor Lenihan’s “Kebab’s” jibe. As someone who works as a volunteer with refugees and who got verbal abuse for doing so I assure you this is not the case.

I approached the remarks of the two gentlemen from a perspective of which of them carries the greater political and intellectual clout? For me the answer is Michael McDowell.

The name calling by Conor Lenihan is inexcusable and yes is a resigning issue. But I still believe that the remarks of Michael McDowell carry far more significance.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile