<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Yesterday I published a post concerning the Magdeline laundries and their commemoration in Leeson Street. The names of many women who died in that institution are engraved on brass plaques. Reading them I realised that one woman named has the same surname as one of my relations. It's an unusual surname. The famiiy concerned are very religious. They attend mass every Sunday and the family include members of religious orders. The family themselves like most people are hardworking. I disagree with many of their social views. Glancing at that woman's surname I couldn't help wondering....

I've decided to take a brief three day hiatus from Ulysses. I'm reading "Fugitives and Refugees" by Chuck Palahniuk. All I'll say is that its a case of truth being stranger than fiction. Read this book and you'll discover where the inspiration for Chucks novels comes from.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile