<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, June 17, 2004

I’ll be 33 on Saturday. Kind of get thinking about things around that time. You reach a stage in your life when you have to leave certain people behind. Ain’t going to take their nonsense anymore. One person in particular springs to mind. We’ve clashed many times and then again just recently. I’m beginning to ask myself is it really worth the effort. I’m only really friendly with this guy for the sake of the other lads we hung around with. Adios amigo from here on in. I’ve more important things to concern me right now.

The festival of Leon in Spain lasts from 20th to 30th of June. During this festival a young woman will from that town will marry. Christina will become a festival bride. I’m sure she will look quite beautiful in the bridal gown.

I have known Christina for many years. For many years I have known that we could never be just friends. That would be impossible. The last time I met Christina was in December. She asked me to her wedding. I replied yes I’d go. In reality we both knew I had no intention of going. In reality we both knew why. What’s the words of that old song, “You don’t know what you got till it’s gone”. Can’t really describe what I mean just that it’s best if I stay away.

Two weeks ago I was at my cousin’s wedding. She is 26 years of age and a ball of delightful energy. Her mother and father were very proud. It was a joyous occasion. The bride’s mother went around encouraging everyone onto the dance floor.

A week after the wedding the bride’s mother complains of pains in her stomach. She is brought to hospital. Test are carried out. Five days later she is told she has cancer and has 9 months at most left to live. She is 64 years of age.

Something’s get put into perspective very quickly.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile