<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 24, 2004

Is it just me or is anyone else cynical about the international media and its drip drip drip of stories and photos concerning Abu Grabe prison?

I can’t help feeling that the media are going to run and run with this story, and that they are just sitting on unreleased material. The issue of human rights is only incidental. The whole media business stinks to high heaven as far as I’m concerned.

I find it hard to imagine the choice, go to Iraq to pay for a college education. An unenviable position. Then I think of my friend D’s grandfather. Between 1914 and 1919 he fought in the British army and in the process put some food on the plates of his family. Funny thing is he ended up seeing action in a country called Mesopotamia.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile