<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 26, 2004

It’s freezing cold this morning in Dublin, well by our standards. It’s snowing sporadically. Got a text from D in Madrid asking me to go over for a week might do, might do.

At long last I finished reading “Perdido Street Station by China Mieville, all 867 pages. Wow. It took me well over a month, but I’m pleased with myself and my trenchant determination to finish the book. If you like mechanised fantasy this is the one for you.

Wouldn’t you know it the once I cheer for Manchester United in the Champions League they loose. Porto beat them 2 – 1 in Portugal.

I've just started reading "The Ordinary Person's Guide To Empire" by Arundhati Roy. Well worth picking up for its passionate invective. I'd highly recommend any of her writings.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Technorati Profile